Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Value of One


It is a blessing to be the favorite Aunt of 28 going on 29 nieces and nephews.

As I have pondered the little things in life that make me happy. My mind always takes me back to the little hugs, little words, the "I love You's" that come from my nieces and nephews.

Spring time. Why was Liam born around spring time you ask?

Could it be his bright understandings? His bright personality? Or the bright smile that shines through his eyes.

Some of my fondest memories of Liam:

1. His photo's. They say a thousand words. Happy, innocent boy who just tries to do his best in life.

2. Watching him play football. Not sure at his age of all the in's and out's of the game but he having trust in his coach to give him the plays on the field and then doing his best to try and full fill the best he understood. Sometimes not even really caring about the game, but running up and down the field and feeling he was doing his best.
The little look overs at the bleachers to see if Papa Magic or Grandma were still watching. His little hand waves to his mom and dad to let them know he was aware of them being there. And the little glances as he watched sister's Abby and Ella play on the bleachers and seeing it play through his mind if he should leave the game and or go play with them instead.

3. Always getting beat at the Wi. It dosn't matter what game we were playing. There is no winning Liam. Evan when I try. Oh and his little giggle or laugh as he conquers and defeats. It is almost more fun to let him win, just to see his pure satisfaction of victory over his Aunt Tauni.

4. "I love you mom". He tells her at least once a day. And watching Helene smile as she knew it was truly coming from her son's heart.

5. Watching Liam pick up the guitar and play and or preform. Knowing I would never play as well as him, as he could do strums, picking, and bar chords I could not do, and he was only 7.

6. My favorite of all times, is when he was going to do his primary program and I asked him to put his hands behind his back and stand up tall and straight.

Liam: Hum Aunt Tauni. If I put my hands behind my back, people will think they are broken off. Would it be ok if I just put them down on my side like this.

7. I always get a Thank You and hug from Liam when I bring treats. He is always grateful that I brought him something. Small or Big. He remembers to Thank me.

Each niece and nephew have touched my heart in some way. I always hope I can add or touch their lives when they need me too.

The Value of One you say? Heavenly Father knows each Child's name. Today it is Liam Poppleton.

I wish him a very Happy Birthday.

No comments: